anyone have a cleaner shrimp?

davidb

Well talking about retail how many of you would be happy having to pay $196 for a frag with 6 mushrooms on? I didn't think they were very nice either. Very white with just a hint of green. Also tried to sell me a coral frag that I tried to tell her was dead but she insisted it wasn't as it had a crab on it. I told her that its white. Its dead!. Also the other corals in there were showing major signs of bleaching. Her tanks DON"T have MH lights. Only fluros and she is trying to keep corals alive that require MH lights.

How do you tell the owner of an LFS that they have a very bad setup for their fish as well as dead corals which she is trying to sell as live! haha

you know what they say Layton, Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue

or, When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty small package.

or, None are more unjust in their judgments of others than those who have a high opinion of themselves.

they all suit you.

thats no good,

If they appear to not know what they are doing, why do they try to carry stock? they must loose a lot.

Sometimes you can catch a store on a bad day and get some "very helpful" help from someone who doesnt know what they are doing.

I must admit, it was only by way of bad advice from a LFS that go me into this hobbie, and I am actually happy they put me wrong..... now that I have fixed it all up, the is a satisfaction that I actually am starting to know a little bit, and adding all the time, mainly with trial and error to the art of marine reef keeping.

mj 8)

Yeah I know where your comming from Karma but these people no matter how much you try to say something is wrong it doesn't matter. On any given day you can walk in there and see at least 1 dead fish for every 3 tanks just sitting there. Some are half decomposed with fluffy bits all over them. You can't tell me that they don't check at least once in the morning and again at night for sick/dead fish.

Believe me when I say that they think they are always right. I went in there to ask about wooden diffusers for the skimmer. I was told that I don't need one and that any airstone will work. I just need the right air pump. She then asked what size bubbles we were currently getting and said that we needed to add a valve to reduce the air flow to make smaller bubbles then it will work properly. Now that I have an air driven skimmer I can clearly say that no matter how hard we tried it wasn't going to work the other way! I have also been told by the same person there that I don't need all the fancy skimmers and stuff that you see on marine tanks. Just a wet/dry external filter like they run.

Also you think that $50 is to high for a cleaner shrimp. Try $75 for here.

Some times people can lead you so far down the wrong track that you give up to get back where you started from and never go down that path again. If it wasn't for the internet and the help of forums such as this one I doubt that I would be where I am now. Relying only on your LFS to point you right isn't always the best option.

Cheers :D

thats no good,

If they appear to not know what they are doing, why do they try to carry stock? they must loose a lot.

Sometimes you can catch a store on a bad day and get some "very helpful" help from someone who doesnt know what they are doing.

I must admit, it was only by way of bad advice from a LFS that go me into this hobbie, and I am actually happy they put me wrong..... now that I have fixed it all up, the is a satisfaction that I actually am starting to know a little bit, and adding all the time, mainly with trial and error to the art of marine reef keeping.

mj 8)

I have never even asking at a fish shp for advice about marines- I get all my help from here! (Thanks guys you're great!)