Scratch - OUCH!! & Thanks for help on AR980 filtration

The Great White Hand

Hi

Hope someone can help? I can only imagine I got grit on one of my cleaning pads or magnets, because I've put some decent scratches on the inside of the tank (AR980). Any advice very welcome!

Thanks to all the folk who provided advice on filtration for the AR980. I bought a Aqua One CF1200 to help out the wet/dry built-in system. It will provide a back-up in an emergency, will fit more with my intermediate plans for Discus and hopefully ameliorate my obsession with water clarity for a while. I now need to figure out how to put it in (instructions not that flash) with my wife not noticing (tank in the lounge, she would of course install with ease if she knew about it).

Regards, TGWH

If it's acrylic you should be able to polish it out by using 1200 / 1500 / 2000 grit wet and dry ( use it wet :) ) then buff it up with some brasso and a soft cloth.

Start with the 1200 and work over the scratched area then when you move to the 1500 go slightly wider than you did with the 1200 to remove the grit marks left from the 1200 and same process for the 2000 grit.

If you need to go finer than 2000 grit then I can supply you with some micron paper. 60,30,15 and 9 micron, Note: micron paper works the opposite way to grit rateings eg: 9 is the finest.

Hope that helps ya out.

Tank Man.