are scats toxic ?

snookie

• 6 months later...

I think if you took notice of every little thing and danger involved with the keeping of fish... you would pack it in.

How about the TB.. The toxic stings... The skin infefections through the ammonia getting into open sores... ... the fish that sting.. the ones that can take the end of your finger off... not counting all the chemicals that are within the products we handle all the time... the cancer causing ones etc... the dangers off electrocution... plus the countless risks we take each day... and have been doing for decades without problems... until some bright spark comes along and decides to write a paper on it... and possibly doesn't even keep fish.. (not read the full article)

We will finish up a set of Aquanuts in specially designed suits that will only allow us to visit our fish in hermitacally sealed clean rooms.

The world is bad enough... enjoy your hobby.

I had Scats, Monos... Puffers... and several others for years... with not the slighttest prob

Nothing wrong with Scats Mate... in the right environment they take some beating for a good show if you have a few with some other brackish types.

Don't know about aquanuts in bio suits and clean rooms, but I for one appreciate knowing when I should head over to the ER if I get poked by one of my fish!

Thanks for the post snookie, I found it very helpful and informative.