Advice for another begginer - 3' marine

xfactor

Hi there. I'm just starting out an am looking to make a 3 foot tank for a couple of percs, some other fish and one day some invertebrates hopefully.

I have so far bought a couple of books, read a lot of forums, and been to both the hollywood fish farms, and the central jansens in Auckland a couple of times each.

I've made a few purchases too: an Atman MG600 light, a 3 foot tank and stand, a sump, and a weipro skimmer and return pump.

The tank and stand are actually a bit big, so I'm putting it all back on trademe, except the light.

I am thinking about buy reef's deltec MC500 sump...

And where do you get live rock???

I need moral support slash advice. Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Yeah - its probably about as big as I can go in this apartment. Initially my wife bought these vases at Stevens and saw them using them for gold fish. So after using them for flowers for a while she decides she wants to keep goldfish. We almost adopted some, but I talked her out of it... too rash. Do something more thought out...

So I looked into it and we went up to a small tank. Then a bigger tank. Then a bigger one. Now we're rearranging furniture.

But 3 foot is a max. It only doesn't fit by a little bit - but I don't want to establish a tank only to get frustrated 6 months later. Ideally needs to be 900x300x500. Looking at getting it made by Greg who I got details for off this site.

I may or may not keep some of the other equipment.