well i feel stoopid......

ludimac

hi all, happy new year. anyway i have been crowing to all that would listen about my beautiful seven angel fry. a friend of mine who i haven't seen for a few months visited yesterday and straight away i showed her my babies......she looks in the tank, looks at me and says they're not angel babies! they look like zebra danios.

then everything fell into place.........i had been wondering when angel fry would start turning circular(lol).

i had a pair of danios in with my pair of angels as dither fish and i noticed the female was very fat but i thought it highly unlikely that they would be able to fertilise the eggs let alone lay any as i was sure them or the angels would scoop them up straight away. so i had completely dismissed the idea of having danios babies and because these were my first lot of angel fry i had no idea what they look like.

so y'all can have a wee giggle at my expense as my husband and friend got a real belly laugh out of it. :x