Evaporation

Bubbles

Running a fan?

My 200 litre uses 2+ litres a day, but if the fan comes on 4 and up not unusual.

Yeah I have started running a fan to keep temps down. Increase in evap rate started about the same time. I thought it was due to the temperature increase, which is ofcourse why I started running the fan :D

30L a day min at the moment but i have noticed with these hot days sneaking in i will up to 60L before long.

I just think of all the good i get out of the exersize ( yeah right)

I have come to the conclusion that with it being an in wall, which goes into the garage.

The heat generated in there during the day and then it cools down at night has created ultimate evap.

Bugger.

I don't use a temp controller, though I am keen to get one. At the moment ny fan is hooked up to the same timer that kicks off my halides. Seems to keep temp around the 26-27 range.

Last night I ran my top-up for 5 hours, which is 15L. Still seemed a little short this morning.

I don't use a temp controller, though I am keen to get one. At the moment ny fan is hooked up to the same timer that kicks off my halides. Seems to keep temp around the 26-27 range.

Last night I ran my top-up for 5 hours, which is 15L. Still seemed a little short this morning.

How many halides do you have running of the timer? You might want to think about putting each on a seperate timer. two reasons, means you can run different time periods on the lights, and halides draw a ton of current when they start up, unless you have a super heavy duty timer it will cook itself before too long.

How many halides do you have running of the timer? You might want to think about putting each on a seperate timer. two reasons, means you can run different time periods on the lights, and halides draw a ton of current when they start up, unless you have a super heavy duty timer it will cook itself before too long.

1 x 400 and 1 x 250 off a single timer. Seems fine so far for a $10 supermarket timer but who knows. I will run my actinics on a seperate timer once I have a chance to set them up.