November Aquarium World

Caryl

My sincerest apologies but the November Aquarium World is going to be late :evil:

Our printer needs a new image transfer unit but there are none in NZ or Australia but, if we are lucky, they might turn up at the end of November.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not the first time we have had trouble getting consumables for our Minolta colour laser so, if anyone out there is considering buying a colour laser, I would personally not recommend a Minolta.

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS!!

I am finally able to start printing the November AW at last!!

Looking on the bright side, it enabled me to add an update on conference destinations etc. They are printing as I type and I hope to get them posted by the weekend, or Monday at the latest. I am working the rest of the week which will hold things up but they will be out ASAP.

Again, sincerest apologies for the delay.

received my issue in the mail today.

well done Caryl ! I enjoyed reading it.

wrt page 37, the Martin Glossop article on Fish-keeping in NZ

here are a few comments

- http://www.fnzas.org.nz/ receives more than 500 visitors each day (that is visitors not just hits)

- Since 15 Mar 2001 our users have posted a total of 16454 articles. That is more than 16 individual responses every day . the last 6 months about 30/day. (Ok, I admit, it includes the word-association game, ~ 1000 posts)

- We have 428 registered users

- The chat room appears busy just about every night (11 chatting now)

We're out there, bringing the hobby into the public spotlight, chatting to people who found this site because they realise there must be help about outside the pet shops.

Times change, my priorities change. I keep fish in my fishroom. I give them away to youngsters all the time. I don't attend club meetings too often. Try to go to FNZAS conference if I can.

Fish shows ... by all means go for it. Some people (old and young) will enjoy them for sure. Will I participate? I want to but somehow I doubt it ...

Hi Caryl from the BoP.

The mail system works up this way too.

Arrived yesterday, and everything stopped while I sat down and read it.

Thanks for another excellent effort.

Boy, I was tickled pink at the effort your club does at Xmas.

If only all clubs could be half as enthusiastic,

the hobby would be in a bubbly condition.

Congrats on the Xmas Parade.

Your tank crawl.

Your magazine.

Alan

Thanks for the wonderful read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Pity it wasnt weekly :lol: :lol: Beats the other magazines for dead.

I personally would love to be involved/participate in a fish show. This is probably only because I have never been involved before! :lol: I enjoy competition so that would be my driving force.

Congrats Caryl (and others of course) for a great issue. Maybe I should get off my behind and do something to contribute - along with all you others out there too! :o

as a brand new member of FNZAS got my first copy of AW and was very impressed :D colourful, informative, interesting and very well presented. Sat down and read it cover to cover - thank you to all involved in creating this new addition to my home library.

Sue

ballistic, if you join a fish club down there you will get it automatically.

The cheapest, but not neccessarily the "cheapest" club to join,

is the NZKA, only $15, and that includes registration with the Federation.

Get in touch with Andrew Broome, and he will fill in the details for you.

Alan NZKA 104

Hi Ballistic,

If you join the Kapi Mana club or the Upper Hutt Aquarium Society you will get the Aquarium World for free. It is covered in your membership fee. The Wellington fish club is not affiliated to the FNZAS so no free Aquarium World. Hopefully one day soon they will reconsider and join again... (that would be good as they are a big club with lots of great members - met quite a few of them last year at the HBAS fish show).

If you want to subscribe to the Aquarium World it will cost about $22.00 per year (I'm not 100% certain about the current cost - Caryl will know better). Most club memberships are about this much so you could get the benefit of both for the same price.

Regards

Warren Stilwell

FNZAS President

Current subscription price is $21.60. The AW is free for all FNZAS members. The following FNZAS clubs are...

Kapi-Mana club costs $20 per year

Upper Hutt club is also $20

My own club, Marlborough, is $10 student (under 16) $15 senior or $20 per family. You also get a monthly colour newsletter with this club, not sure about the others.

The killi club is $15

Caryl, do you post the aquarium world directly to members, or does it go via the club president.

It's just I haven't got mine yet and i'm kind of sad and envious at the same time. I would like to have my copy ASAP, so I too can sit in the sun and read my magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked and can't find a reference to $13.60 anywhere. The Aquarium World page shows the price as $21.60. Please add a link to the page in question to your next post if it is still incorrect and I will update it...

Warren,

Sorry,I updated the info on page http://www.fnzas.org.nz/aquarium-world.0.html this morning but forgot to report it here. Price was listed as $13.60

Cees