Underwater Photography - Wetpixel

RnB

Guys, you may be interested in this site as its got some way cool photos on it and many of you love diving/reefs etc. great resource for anyone looking to buy a camera that can be used underwater as well....... some of these guys are luckly enough to do this for a living.

http://www.wetpixel.com

here are some examples

040812_202734_echeng9625-1.jpg

040816_111353_echeng0344.jpg

I am in the market myself for a decent camera and housing.... I am thinking of getting a D70 second hand, what cameras do you guys use to take pictures and why?

these sites stress the importance of apature and expsoure control in your choice of camera and it seems that the point and shoot cameras struggle as you add strobes etc underwater....

I have also just started going to the auckland underwater photograhy club meetings (next meeting now jan) if anyone here is interested PM me and I will pass on details. There are some VERY experienced underwater photographers at these meetings.........

enjoy RnB

Under water is all about light. So having good filters and wide angle lens can help. Strobes are also useful for those cool macro photos.

For information and 'how to' examples on using a camera including Fstop values etc google has all the answers.

Pie