yellow tang on trademe

RnB

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i was thinking possibly co-op much like farmers used to to purchase farm supplies and process meat....... same concept but more tightly controlled.

thinking you would have to go it alone is silly, if you setup I could introduce you to two or three people who have the right level of knowledge to help you get through the initial period......

There are some very knowledgeable but private people out there!

re the trip to islands.... not a sailing trip but a purchasing trip to the islands could be considered tax deductable for a importer if used primarily to facilitate the future imports.... ie fly in spend a few days looking at importers and there modes of operation, perhaps some diving 8)

as would an international trip to a US corals convention or reef trade show..... to be honest tho the us guys prob not want to know you, the NZ volumes would be too small and your NZ clients would prob be able to get a better deal on the web....

lets watch what happens in india with wallmart and the small traders this will show that there is no such thing as loyalty, that disappeard 40 yrs ago

as for the bike shop thats not loyalty your are getting a good deal :lol:

come on layton were are you when i need you :bounce:

I bet its a lot harder in CHCH to buy direct from an importer......

but from memory the prices are often a little lower then AKL as well.....

do they only sell there own imports or sell to each other as well?

The CHC importers also supply most if not all of the South Island. It's hard enough to get stock in Dunedin, I can't imagine how difficult it must be down in Invers.

lets watch what happens in india with wallmart and the small traders this will show that there is no such thing as loyalty, that disappeard 40 yrs ago

as for the bike shop thats not loyalty your are getting a good deal

Back to 40 years ago... Can't agree, if you think people will continue to deal with you just because they always have this is not loyalty, its a habbit. If you want people to continue to deal with you just because they always have, then you will loose them. You have to work at it.

I can't comment on 40 years ago, but I have my own loyalties in my personal life, as do my customers in my professional dealings. It still exists, its a fact.

Pie