Sargassum Trigger

TM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of months, may be too early to see if the tank adapts, will have to check back in a few months I'll dairy the thread.

But Fay when I looked at your tank you had a ton of fish in there already! Be interesting to see how you go.

About 6 months from memory.

I also have a heap of fish so that won't help.

There was a theory proposed a while back ( not mine ) that you can feed as much as you like, long as the tank adapts to it.

For me, I go along with that to an extent, but there is obviously limits. Fay and TM how long have you had these triggers?

As you said there has to be a limit to that.

From memory it was more like "don't reduce your feeding to help reduce nitrates".

I do feed a heap, so it would come down to how well the tank is setup, skimmer, carbon, water changes etc.

Also he is a very very messy fish, i thought my 8" rabbit fish was bad :o

I also have been a bit slack with water changes

As you said there has to be a limit to that.

From memory it was more like "don't reduce your feeding to help reduce nitrates".

I do feed a heap, so it would come down to how well the tank is setup, skimmer, carbon, water changes etc.

The only limit to how much you can feed is how well you can get the excess food and waste out before it rots and causes problems.

I got new nitrate and phosphate test kits today (i don't test for them a lot), both undetectable (My tank is far from clean though). I feed a heap, skim a lot, and siphon even more, all to keep up with this fish in particular. It'd be nice to have a setup which would take care of it with pumps and skimmer, rather than me having to siphon so often to keep on top of things.

Also TM, consider this. The statement was made "don't reduce your feeding to help reduce nitrates". However, we now have a number of people who claim their increased feeding has increased their nitrates. If this is the case, then if they returned to reduced feeding, presumably they would also return to reduced nitrates.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Maybe they were over feeding, there is a difference between "over feeding" and "heavy feeding".

I used to find over feeding was quite common in freshwater tanks, that is putting in to much food and having it rotting on the ground or in the gravel.

My 5c anyway :lol:

Clown tangs need a lot of food to stay healthy and survive long term. So I would not recommend cutting down feeding. Best to concentrate on exporting more.

Also, the nitrate itself isn't too much of a worry, the phosphate will cause more problems.

From memory wasp quoted something from somewhere from someone, in between that. Which has since been removed from this thread (I don't no why)

I'm assuming he was referring to my posts on this topic in this forum. So to clear up any confusion wasps misquotes and misinterpretations have caused, here are the actual quotes:

From high nitrates

Clown tangs need a lot of food to stay healthy and survive long term. So I would not recommend cutting down feeding. Best to concentrate on exporting more.

and from High nitrate levels

Why does everyone say that?

Instead of cutting back on feeding, (which is hardly ever a problem) how about concentrating on exporting waste more effectively.

That's the real problem, waste is building up and not being removed.

Which was substantially misrepresented by him in this thread.

Layton

"The sky is blue"

"No it's not!"

"You're an idiot, it is too!"

"No it's not, it's grey! See? http://www.metservice.org.nz"

"That's not the sky, that's clouds!"

"The sky is clouds!"

"I read somewhere that some guy in the US didn't use clouds and his sky is still gray!"

"When did I say the sky is blue?"

"Back a couple posts ago!"

"No I didn't!"

"It must have been edited."

"You obviously have no understanding of how the sky works. Do a little research!"

"I don't need to, because everyone knows that clouds are in the sky!"

"No they're not! They're below the sky!"

"I bet you think that a bird couldn't take off from a treadmill!"

"I never said anything about birds!"

I'm assuming he was referring to my posts on this topic in this forum. So to clear up any confusion wasps misquotes and misinterpretations have caused, here are the actual quotes:Layton
Wrong assumption AGAIN I was not quoting you at all. Like you have been told before, " it is not all about you".

From memory wasp quoted something from somewhere from someone, in between that. Which has since been removed from this thread (I don't no why)Layton

Layton you just trying to start another argument again as you do all the time.

You have been warned by Warren, yet you say you "don't no why" (spelling again) the thread was edited. It is apparent Warrens little chat has fallen on deaf ears.

I made it apparent that your terms of abuse such as ignorant, idiot, etc.. are offensive to me. Yet you then send me a pm in which you refer to me as idiotic YET AGAIN.

I have referred this pm to a moderator, don't think you can continue your abuse and attempted wind ups of me behind the scenes now you have been told not to do it in public.

And don't try to draw me into YET ANOTHER of your stupid arguments here, I draw your attention to the thread subject, Sargassum Trigger.

No more of your wind ups please, GROW UP

No, this is what i'm doing:

So to clear up any confusion wasps misquotes and misinterpretations have caused, here are the actual quotes:

That's all. I don't expect any response from you. Wasn't trying to start an argument. Just setting things straight, with the REAL information.

Your post is just an example of how you take a content driven argument and try and twist in into a personal attack, then claim to be a poor innocent victim. I have a list of references to your personal attacks, which for the most part I ignore. I've never complained about them to a moderator. I only get involved in these long winded discussion when you misquote and misrepresent the information I provide on here.

The only reason they turn out this long is because you divert attention away from the content of the discussion to your personal issues and agendas. I'm sick of it.

Layton