Frogs in ponds?

Chris.L

I was wondering if I put a pond outside if I could put some tadpoles in it. What sort of things do they like? Movement in the water (fountain sorta thing?). I was looking at getting a waterfall one with a fountain at the bottom.

Is it easy to keep frogs in ponds since a wouldn't think much bugs go around there?

Thanks heaps,

Chris

Whether you can effectively keep frogs in a pond depends on how much space you have. Small ponds will probably result in the frogs leaving to find somewhere better. Frogs and tadpoles prefer still water with large quantities of plants. The tadpoles mainly feed on algae and such. There should usually be sufficient insects around the pond to feed the frogs, but a light at night could help to attract moths and such.

I was wondering if I put a pond outside if I could put some tadpoles in it. .

Is it easy to keep frogs in ponds since a wouldn't think much bugs go around there?

Thanks heaps,

Chris

I have an outside pond around 1 metre by half possibly, had a visiting frog fopr a few nights but he soon hopped away. Maybe there wasn't enough plants for it.

You'd need both submerged plants for the tadpoles to eat and floating plants capable of supporting a frog's weight for when the tadpoles mature into frogs. The barrel would need to be pretty big for frogs to live in it - roughly how far across is the barrel? Golden Bell frogs or Green Frogs would be hard to contain because they're strong jumpers. If you surrounded the ferns & barrel with some soft netting or something then you might be able to keep whistling tree frogs in it.