Hello from a new aquarium owner

kuos

Hello,

Great website with lots of information. It would have been really useful if I have found it a few week before I got my aquarium. Oh well, I found it now!! :lol:

I got a 37 liter tank with a 'pair' of Dwarf Gourami and a Banjo Cat fish. I use the term pair loosely as the male is slightly aggressive towards the female especially during feeding time. Hopefully they will get use to each other soon.

I am going to go look around the web site a bit more. bye.

A newbi from Christchurch

Hi,

The banjo catfish is somewhat unusual. Here is the little info I know after a bit digging on the net.

Name: Bunocephalus Coracoideus

Nocternal - never see it move since I got it (no, it's not dead, it appears in different spot every morning :D )

Possibly the ugliest fish in the shop.

There are a 2 different species called banjo Catfish, but I am sure the one I have goes by the latin name above.

Kuos

Hi,

The Banjo Cat will make a good talking point for visitors provided you can find it in the tank.

I am in Christchurch and the shop I got the fish from has another half dozen or so. I assume it is very common when I got it but a quick search through the web seems to suggest that they are in the rare/exotic category!? I won't put any shop specific info here as I am new to keeping fishes and should not make recommandations when I don't know enough.

I am happy to supply more specific information over private E-mail.

kuos

welcome to the NZ Fishroom glad to see you aboard kuos. As Caryl mentioned we had a day in Ch Ch touring the fish shops and there sure are some nice fish out there. :( my tank sprung a leak and thus the other two are fully stocked so all I could do was look.

How is your tank going??