How are the "New to Marine" people going

Krama

i just saw the last of mine disapearing but we are running small ecosystems with a food chain. Unfortantly these things happen (natural selection and all). I agree at least it allows for a change but deep down no one likes losing any livestock in such away.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would take the starfish out it looks like the ones I had they mutiply like crazy took me months to get rid of them taking them out every morning before the lights came on.

Look at the stock you buy thats how you get them found a couple on something I got a while back.

I just use kalkwasser mixed into a paste for the aipatasia if you have some I would get onto it they are big ones.

Tank looks good!!

Bl%$#@ glass anemones.

I have fount the best way is to put something in that eats them (peppermint shrimp or copper band)

I have had a bit of success with kalk and joes juice, with these you really need to do it daily for a while.

I got to kill aptasia on the liverock from the tank I just bought, its fun and nice to have an excuse for all those syringes lying around the house. :lol:

There's something quite satisfing about gettin them, the problem is hitting them right at the base, they shrivel up and its hard to see where they go.

Tank photo looking good rocket man now all you need to do is get the actors to keep still so you can get a better photo of them. What is the fish on the right side a wrasse of some type.

On the aipatasis control hit them with draino half water half draino in a syringe they dont like it one bit. I heard it from this web site so tried it works well.

good to see the post of your tank Rocketman

I have a little star fish like yours. Have not seen it for a while, probably need to get up earlier in the morning to catch it. Thanks for the reminder.

I have heard they are able to take over the tank. Kind of nice to have one, but not if they are going to cause a problem. Just like plants, the definition of a weed is a plant you dont want and have trouble getting rid of.

mj

8)