Newly hgatched Orandas

Wok

CONGRATULATIONS :D

Sorry I had to look up what sort of fish an oranda was. It is a species of Goldfish is that right???? Another thing I have learned from this forum :)

If so then my fish breeding book says "Once hatched you will need a good supply of infusoria. The fry take four days to be free swimming from hatching.

Egg infusion helps - this infusuion is made by boiling an egg for about 10 minutes and then putting the yolk in a fine handkerchief, squeezing the yolk through the handkerchief into the water where the dust-fine particles are greedily eaten by the goldfish fry. Special high protein fry foods are sometimes useful, but there is nothing better than live infusoria. In 10 days the fry will be large enough to take newly hatched brine shrimp.

When raising goldfish it is necessary to feed them at least ten times a day :o at intervals of two hours if possible.

Usually setting up a drip feeding mechanism coming from your infusoria culture solves the problem nicely... providing it doesn't get clogged up in the middle of the night. Of course if you feed all night you must maintain a bright light on the aquarium containing the fry.

Now this came from a fish breeding book and not personal experience. I am sure other members of this forum will have excellent first hand experience to add. Best of luck in raising the fish.