What is that fish??

Tiden

Everyone is on the same lines as me so far but I have a little itsy bitsy scrap of something hoping that it is something else and not a cross.

The shop wasn't selling it as one! (a kenyi that is)

I'll try and get some photos when the tank light is on during the day.

Anyone else got some stabs?

did you get it from pet city? They had a heap of kenyi they were selling as zebras and so did jansens silverdale I talked to one of the guys out there and it turns out thats what they were imported and sold them them as... And they didn't want a bar of me telling them they definately weren't zebras..

He even mentioned the weird zebras they got in that were changing colours from blue to yellow.

Yeah probably was the same lady I was askin her bout the "Blue Auratus" like what their scientific name and she's like BLUE AURATUS and I said but their not they are a different species!

I mean I maybe wrong but I thought they would be johanni or something but who knows.

Pffft whatever :roll:

Sounds like they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Someone should tell these lfs people that cichlids are up there when it comes to types of fish kept in aquariums world wide. If they can't get there act together, people will just keep dealing with private dealers or the dedicated shops, & they will miss out on alot of $$$ :lol:

Frenchy :D

I would say its closest to a kenyi, but it just doesn't look right, We have 2 male's in our tank and ones already fully orange/yellow and the other ones in the middle and your one just doesnt look right sorry. Its diffinitly not a bumble bee, we have a breeding ppair so if your after any let us know lol got 79 fry from one mouth full yesterday