Whiteworms culture help please

djay

I just got a whiteworm culture could someone tell me what you do to keep them working as this is a first time for me with these they are in like a chinese plastic container with dirt and a damp chux cloth on top. What do i actually do with them.

Thanks

Dianne

Feed them!

I feed mine with cat biscuits. Just put one ot two on top of the dirt and they latch on to it. Give it a few hours and you can't see the biscuit anymore. Then just grab a pinch and let them go in the tank. Easy as.

Some people feed with white bread soaked in milk and then pick them off the bread.

I feed mine a whole slice of luncheon and I would replace the cloth with a piece of clear glass big enough to cover the food. This will keep them damp and allow you to see what is going on. They need to be damp,not wet; cool and in the dark. The usual reason people lose them is because they get to hot. I have mine in wooden boxes which breath, I have had no success with plastic containers.