Hello Part 2 (Tank Project)

bOi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a small (12"x12"x12") cube tank too the other day :) awesome! Used it for a fighter, but now is devided with guppy's one side and fighter the other. Planted as well :roll:

need a digital SLR :oops: for good pictures, especially when taking fishes that dun stay put... lol :bounce:

sorry for the crappy pics :( resizing the pictures made them look munted

Thanks for the support and positive comments :)

Duboisi's are getting along and i think they are the yellow bands, as when i got them from the LFS they we still juveniles. Will give them a call tomorrow as they were also 100% unsure when they were still at the shop :P yeah so 2 of them, and as for the other two, i was told they were "fire crackers", ie protomelas taeniolatus and they were juvi as well. But I dont think they are, so unsure ?? but would love a red empress :D

As for the brand, it just says "Hopar" on the lid. So im guessing its a chinese made brand. And cant find any online. I saw one on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=75589550

it looks the same when i got it off trademe, but the one in the link above seems to be "Boyu", so im not sure if they are the same as they look very similar, the cabinet, lid, even the lid colour. But I painted mine black. Hope that helps. I got mine 2nd hand but in a worser condition so i had to fix it up a bit :)

looks stunning, very simple and effective. how u finding that filter?

Thanks :) Just what i wanted, simple :wink: no complications and easy to maintain. The filter is great :) keeps the water very clear and provides very strong current too. Easy to maintain and do water change cuz of the drain outlet or the second connector to hook up anotehr hose on the out.

But i do have one minor problem tho, i should have had the "IN" on one end and the "Out" on the other, but currently its set up with both on the same side. The reason i did this was that the hose they privided was too short to run to the other end, unless i have the filter siting in the middle section of the cabinet, but i will have problems with view form the other side of the tank. This caused the surface of the water on the end without the in or out appears to move only slightly..

hmm.. might just get a small power head for the other end or try playing with the nozzles :D

oh yeah.. the nozzls are great but i found that after time, the sand at the bottom gets rearranged due to the current flow.

but overall it has been great :) Hope its lasts long cuz i love the fx5

• 4 weeks later...

Having probelms with my lights now :( Altho the light fixtures in the lid is designed to be used without glass in between the water surface and the lights but it seems tho it has failed.. Im not sure if i should get glass cut to cover the lights from water condensation..

tank has been dark for a while, just getting some lights from the nearest door and the room light. :cry:

Thanks guys! Lights still works.. altho when i was on it was "buzzing" occasionally, only recently since the setup.

Am getting Tim to help me out with the glass lids.. Hopefully I can get the lid done soon, in time for xmas..

:wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks :) Glad you like it, but im in the midst of rearraging the tank with some rock i got 2 weekends ago.. just figuring out the arangements, and setting up a smaller tank for my other malawians.. :) I owe mystic some pics lol.. coming soon, work on progress.. fishes has grown since then and has a few new occupants :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

phew that was a long week.. hahah :lol: my apologies. I haven't been back here for a looong time. Priorities and commitments :wink:

here are some pics i got from the old setup. He usually isnt out but decided to be photogenic one day

My conchilaedon (sp?)

P1030878Small.jpg

and my goldspot pleco:

P1030880Small.jpg

and a redspot pleco.. around 8 inches

P1030865Small.jpg