Tank size question

jimbojonesnz

Hi all (again)

Im looking at getting bigger tank plus stand setup and after looking around at some tanks there are a couple that i quite like. The major difference between the two are dimensions and my question is: Is there a more important dimension (LWH) to be considered when buying a tank? At the moment i have a 60x30x30 tank and the dimensions of the tanks im looking at getting are L75 x W40 x H45cm and 62x38x72H. As you can see the second tank is considerably higher then the other, does this matter or will the fish not really care too much? For reference the second tank can be found here: http://www.cyberpets.co.nz/digicart/fus ... N=67480429

Thanks

Jimbo

Surface area is important for oxygen and Co2 transfer, the bigger the surface area the more oxygen in the water, the more fish you can get. For the 2nd tank surface area is 1500cm2 the other one is 900cm2. So the second tank can support twice as more fish as the first one! So length and width to support life, and height for light and plants. Go for the bigger one, you'll ALWAYS want something bigger afterwards :D