Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Schofe

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hi, I'm new here, and I'm looking for some advice! We've had a 7-8 gallon tank for a while now, and have just upgraded to a 25 gallon. It was given to us by a friend and is currently sitting out in the hallway, empty. As we've only previously had a 7-8 gallon tank, I'm not altogether sure what to do with the new one. We basically need everything and we need to do it on as tight a budget as possible :-? So we're looking for: a) Something to stand the tank on. I'm thinking that with a tank this size, we'll need a proper cabinet, rather than a piece of furniture we currently own (though that would be better for my wallet). Any suggestions as to what size/type of cabinet we should have? The tank is rectangular, measurements 30 inches across, 15 inches height and 12 inches depth. b) We'll need a new heater, as I assume our old 50w won't do the job. What wattage should we look for and what price should we be looking at paying? c) Filtration. This is the part that I am probably most stuck with as there seem to be so many options. Any simple advice?!? With our other tank, the filter, heater and light came as part of the package so these are all new problems for us. d) Thought I'd stick this in here for fun - any advice as to what to stock our tank with? Sorry to be a newbie that just throws a load of questions at you - I wasn't sure where else to go for the advice! Thanks for any help you can give, Gary.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.