We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
-
Please help ID my snowball plecos
I bought them as snowballs.first One from Hollywood and the other from henwood, a private collector. They do have the same mouth so maybe they are the same species.
-
Please help ID my snowball plecos
They could be the same but taken from different locations. The first one has white underbelly, longer sharper fins, bigger spots on head. The second one is a lot darker even when under stress in a bag.
-
Please help ID my snowball plecos
Photos 1, 2 and 3 is pleco number one Photos 4, 5 and 6 is pleco number two http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/1.jpg http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/2.jpg http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/3.jpg http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/4.jpg http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/5.jpg http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/mcp26nz/6.jpg
-
Please help ID my snowball plecos
Hi peoples, I have 2 snowball plecos but I think they are different sub species. Can anyone identify them? I will post some pics if I can work out how hehe.
-
Crypts Melting?
I have had a lot of plants melt over the years but think I have solved it mostly. 1. light- use lights that are 6300K and 2700K together as stronger light will kill them 2. Keep pH around 7 as acid will melt them 3. Use substrate fertiliser such as flourite. Hope this helps
-
My 2000L tank build
Hi there, where did you get the stand made?
-
Angelfish breeders how many are here?
I always take the fry off the parents just as they start to swim around, about 5,6 days old. Just suck them up with a hose and put them in a little tank. Parents usually start eating them after a while and you notice less and less of them.
-
Angelfish breeders how many are here?
Hey, breeding a couple of years now. Started with a platinum pair when I lived in chch. Now in Auckland and I can't stop my angels breeding like crazy. Trying to breed jet blacks, pearl scale x platinum, lots of fun but running out of room.
-
Angelfish breeders how many are here?
Hi there, I breed platinum angels, long fin black/white angels and now getting into pearl scale angels.
-
Galvanised Wire
Use Stainless steel, try getting a strainer and using the mesh.
-
skinny zodiac loach
Yeah I think bird wormer is fine. Just do a search on here for wormer and u will find posts. I get pure prazi from vets real cheap. They use it for farm dogs so a country vet is the one to ask. I used bird warmer the first time and it didnt work that well I didnt think.
-
skinny zodiac loach
Hi, I had a skinny loach and dosed tank with prazi wormer and it fattened up after that.
-
Breeders wanted
Hi, great idea starting up a shop. I wanna do the same one day. I suggest a one word name that catches animals and they are family or best friends. Who is doing well as a pet business at the moment - ANIMATES! The word captures it all really.
-
Wanting to breed Cichlids.
Hi there, I have a tank of demasonis and electric yellows. These fish are great to breed with as they hold the young in their mouth for 3 weeks. You can either manually release the babies into a grow out tank or just let them release on their own. I am moving to Auckland so if you want the colony to start breeding with Let me know as I could sell them to you. Malcolm.
-
laregst number of babies
Hi, how do you get them to release their fry as mine just hold on to them for ages. Is cold water the trick to get them to drop or just fresh water. I love the sunset platys!