Cloudy water.. still!

whiplash

Hi all! As you can see in a previous post I have cloudy water... Had it tested and the phosphate level was really high. Have since reduced feed and put in some "magic Filters" called Green-X which are supposed to remove all problems! (not yet!)

Water was a grey cloudy and has now turned greenish cloudy and my plants are suffering. Leaves rotting off and floating all over the place and black edges and spots on remaining leaves.

Lights are on from 3pm till 11pm and I do partial water changes every week

What causes this?

The white is a bacterial bloom caused by too many nutriants in the water, the green is algae from the same. Large water changes, vacuum as much crap up as you can, if you can put filter wool over your filter intake this will help trap the algae, change it every couple of days. You can also reduce your feeding to once every 2-3 days for a week or two it wont harm the fish. High phosphate is a sure sign of over feeding.

Hey! I can see my fish again!! :D

Did a major water change last weekend and followed up with smaller ones each day this week and Wah Laa.... Visible fish!

Now.... keeping it that way! Who ever said that fish were easy to look after was telling BIG PORKIES! :o