CO2 levels

Matthew

can anyone tell me how long it takes CO2 to diffuse from the tank. My current level is about 300, I don't have any fish in the tank at the moment, and am wondering if anyone knows when this level will drop to a healthy level.

BTW my daphnia that I threw in the tank seem to be loving it.

Matthew,

Would not have a clue about when it will be safe.

Haven't done all my research into CO2, but what type of method are you using to inject your CO2? Yeast and Sugar or have you gone high tech with a CO2 bottle??

How are the plants doing?? Have you put them in this set up???

Blueram

Blue Ram,

My technical set up is carbonated water from the sodastream plus a fermentation canister. I had the plants in the tank and thought I would boost up the CO2 level to encourage rapid growth.

I tested the water today (pH and KH) and assessed the level at roughly 300ish. The plants seem to be loving it, and are giving off copious amounts of O2. This makes my tank a little more interesting to view. Theres only so much excitement you can get from a bare tank.

BTW your sag is looking good, already sending up new leaves.

Matt

Hi Mathew

I don't know what you mean by "300". Fish can only tolerate a level of 30mg/l. 15 to 20mg/l is ideal. If you want to know what Co2 level you have in your tank, then download the Co2 calculator from my site. But, you have to know EXACTLY the correct dKH and pH. Input these values into the calculator and the reading will be the Co2 content.

John

John, I used the scale on pauls website, I presume these are the same. If I can just highlight though in my first post I said I did not have fish in the tank, only daphnia, and I was waiting for the levels to drop before adding fish.

the plants are growing well though in the current environment, and my amazon sword has sent up a flower stalk, so something must be alright for the plants.