Via Aqua Multi Skimmer

lti

Hey, im starting up a new saltwater tank and have a pretty tight budget.

Its going to be about 250L and was wondering whether the Via Aqua Multi Skimmer was any good. Pet Planet has one http://www.petplanet.co.nz/shop-frame.html however u cant link directly to the page.

Since it claims its both a filter and a skimmer i was thinking it might be a good compromise between buying both.

Any one had any experience with one before? your opinions would be greatly apreciated.

running filters on saltwater tanks isn't really done anymore, accept for holding things like carbon and phosphate removing resin. I don't know how good the skimmer's there are but if those were my choices I would go for the SA2014 It only costs $10 more and is rated for twice as much water. This is a good thing, you can't over skim the water, it will just make your tank easier to keep, and also give you the option to go to a bigger tank or add a sump etc.

I suggest you ask in the trade and exchange section for secondhand skimmers, there are also a few importers and shops on here that might be able to hook you up.

Also suggest you post anything to do with saltwater in the saltwater section, a lot of us only read that and the T&E