Poly resin ornament

Caper

I'm speaking of the one that had all the white stuff under it when I had missed my monthly tank clean (back problems).

It was discussed here before about the possibilty because of no water movement in the ornament that the water was becoming stagnant.

I think it was mentioned about using an airstone in it. But, how do I go about doing that? What could I use to make a hole(s)? If I do make holes and add airstone, what will keep the ornament down? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :bow::bow:

I have 2 of these ornaments one in each of my 29 gallon tanks, but I'm thinking I might take one out and replace with a pot which leads to my next question, I know I asked before if terracotta pots were the ones used for plants and yes was the answer....I was looking at some today, here there just called clay pots, same thing?????

Now, one other ornament that I have for my fishies to hide in, sorta looks like a log I guess :-? but it has a couple of openings & I usually move it when vacuuming, would this be sufficient to prevent stagnant water in it???

The log should be fine, as there would be water flow through it, it's just the ornaments with a tiny ballpoint pen girth sized hole that are in issue I think. You could try chipping a bigger hole from the existing one, or you could get a wet concrete saw and saw off the whole bottom? Having an airstone running through shouldn't make it float - the ornament should have sufficient weight to keep it down. I would either put a small airston inside (sawing off whole bottom would facilitate this) or put just the tubing inside and have bigger bubbles coming out - but that may be noisy and you would have to have a hole at the top too. Good luck!