Discus

ryanjury

We have some baby discus that we brought and they are slowely dying 1 by 1..

Symptoms are they breath really heavyly look like they cant swim and then lie on the bottom breathing fast until they die..

The tank is 120 litres I change 20 a day use declorinator stress zyme etc..

Apart from the heavy breathing and eventual death I cant see anything else wrong with them.

Any help is much appreciated.

I tried to get the stuff to worm them with (thinking it could be the problem) from the vet today cant remember what its called off hand but I had an empty bottle someone gave to me, and its been in a few posts on here but they wont give it to me because they recon its highly illegal to give it out and the vet will loose his licence.. Any ideas how to get this?

How big is your baby discus, how many,where did you get them from(perhap you could ring him/her up for advice), how long have you had them, are they eating , scraping, dark, cuddle in a corner, hiding, floating near the surface, are they in BB tank or planted, what is the temp, PH, ammonia reading, what are you feeding them, how often, what strain are they?

If you can supply some more info that will help us to figure out whats wrong with them.

Here are some tips for people that are new to discus keeping & buying :

Baby discus are quite hard to raise provided you know what you're doing.

Always best to get discus from reputable and reliable source and at a decent size.

When buying them ask as much questions as you can and write down things that you might forget (eg. medication for treating sick discus)

Post a pic if you can.

Ronnie