discus have PH shock i think can someone help please!!!

stompa

i had a problem with algae in my discus tank and the phosphate levels were a bit high so i used some phosphate remover in my filter (was recomended to use this from a LFS that is usualvery good and nows what they are talking about) well within about a half hour of putting it in i noticed a big change in my small discus so i did all the tests and everything was perfect except the PH level was 8.0 .... i removed the stuff from the filter straight away and put some peat fibre into try and get the PH back down slowly..... next day ph was still high so i set up another tank for them .... there in the new tank now with a good ph for them but im thinking they have ph shock... most are doing well now but a couple of my fav ones arnt doing so well......... any suggestions and help would be cool............ thanks

All you can do at this point it to create as stable of an environment as possible for them and let them relax as much as possible. It helps if you leave them in the dark as well as they're able to relax easier. Remember, all the symptoms you're seeing are a direct result of stress so go easy and give them time. Best of luck!

Oh, I'd probably make sure there wasn't anything in the tank they're currently in to raise or lower the pH right now... steady as she goes.

How big are your discus and are they in planted tank?

What was the PH before you put the phos remover in?

How long did it take to rise to PH8?

What was the Ph in the tank that you set up to put them in?

Abit more info is needed in order to access the situation better.

Ron

hi..... discus range from about 80mm down to 30-40mm its was the small ones that showed the affect.....yes there were in planted tank and there new tank is planted..... PH was 6.8 and as been stable at that for a month.....well i checked the ph as soon as i seen signs of them looking ill it was in there for half an hour so it only took a very short time to rise it....the ph in the new tank is 6.8 and its been stable at that over nite and all today......any more info would be cool.......thanks