Eggs in the bubble nest???

Krazy

Hi guys,

My male siamese fighter has been building bubble nests and unsuccesfully breeding with my girl fighter.

I just went to lift the lid off my community tank as his bubble nest usually fall to pieces and noticed that there are little white dots through out his bubble nest. Does this mean that there are eggs in there?

If so, how long will it take for them to hatch? AND what do I do if they are babies and they do hatch?

Should I be leaving the light on? I assume he will need to see the nest all night as he picks them up if they fall out...correct?

I have removed my female siamese as she has lost a few scales.

There is melafix in the water only half a t spoon if that. If these are babies in the nest will this affect them? I'm hoping not.

What is the likelihood of these babies hatching if that is in fact what the white dots in the nest are?

If this is a bubble nest with babies, how very exciting!! :lol:

They hatch very quickly, as the baby developes in the egg the egg darkens, but are held in the bubble nest by Dad blowing more bubbles.

If any drop out, he, hopefully, will pick them up and spit them into the nest.

If possible, drop the level to about 100mm, make sure the heater stays under water.

Keep the lid on to conserve the humidity.

Have lot of floating plants and java moss for microscopic food and shelter for the babies, don't forget to have snails too.

The fry will take hard boiled egg yolk squeezed thru a hankie, but don't over feed this.

No light is required.

Alan 104

Thanks for everyones help.

I will keep an eye on them and see how they go.

I have managed to take all the fish out except for the algae eaters and Koohli Loaches which move far to fast for me :o

I am trying not to get my hopes up as there is probably a high chance I will loose my first batch but it is a big achievement to see they have finally managed to do the 'deed'.

Dad fish is doing well catching any eggs that fall out of the nest and spitting them back into place. He hangs around that nest constantly and only takes his eyes off the nest for very short periods. Wasn't even interested in food this morning! He is still adding bubbles, I guess this is to keep the nest nice and strong.

Will keep everybody informed of how we go with my first lot of Siamese eggs.

With any luck the first lot of eggs should hatch tomorrow!

Thanks once again for your help.