How do you sex a tetra?

Gretal

:o

Are all male and female fish (regardless of type) the same to sex? In other words do they all look the same lol. I forget the technical words for what the male has :oops:

It's really hard trying to see if they do or don't have anything when they are racing about the tank.

Reason I'm asking is, 1 of my black neons seems to always be off on it's own behind the "junk" at the back of the tank. It does come out for food, or just now and then to play. I don't know if it's always the same one or they take turns lmao I have 4 of them in the tank and they all look the same to me!

I also have 2 neons, who tend to pair up together, and yesterday one seemed to be chasing the other about, so I'm not sure if it's aggression or not. I *will* get more when I can get to the lfs next. (and now I know they're not going to all die on me!)

Are all male and female fish (regardless of type) the same to sex? In other words do they all look the same lol. I forget the technical words for what the male has

Are you thinking of the 'gonowillie' on the livebearers??

If so, Tetras don't have them as they are egg scatterers in general.

Fairly easy to sex them, tetras that is.

The female is fatter with the eggs she is carrying.

The Male is slim.

Longitudinal lines, if they have them, on a female appear as tho the have a bend,

males lines are straight.

If there is a colour variation, the male will be the brighter of the two.

Tetras prefer to be in schools and you'll find better association with 6 ot more per species.

Alan 104