Heat-fan?

Caper

Tank with goldfish gets a tad warmer than usual due to hot summer. In an emergency I put ice cubes in bag and float them. Now, I usually keep the fan on the tank.

I don't understand though...if you are not supposed to put your tank in a draft...how come putting a fan on it doesn't hurt?

Thanks suphew :bow::bow:

I thought you were not supposed to put tanks in a draft because it would hurt the fish...real dumb moment, again :-? :-?

Yup, I have noticed that the water evaporates more...but I just keep topping it up,no time frame just when I see it going down, is this ok?

Thanks Hummingbird...how are you?

I used to change my water every second week but lately (except recently!) I try to do so every week especially since its summer.

Maybe with all this heat I should be testing more often do you think?

Also, because of the heat can I turn my lights off earlier, I'm more concerned about the 10 gallon that has the incadescent lights? That now has 2 goldfish & 2 ottos.

Work...hmm....what season are you folks in now? If so, would this be a slow time of year for you? I'm doing ok...thanks :P

What about the lights? Can I turn them off sooner at least in the 10 gallon because of the heat?

I don't know if you have seen...but...I have a second tank :P:P I love this hobby!

We're in winter at the moment (I'm currently huddled next to a heater), it actually hasn't been too slow at all so far, we've had a steady flow of people coming through. I've seen the new tank, congrats on getting it by the way :D If you don't have any plants in the tank, the lights are really just for you to see them, so you can turn them off whenever you like.

Hmmm...that's a couple of times this evening I went to post a reply & ended up with "page cannot be displayed"!

Anyway, you're cold...I am cooked...since fan is on fish tank :roll: :roll: ...Must get another fan :P

Thanks I'm really excited about having 2 tanks. I've been doing ok with this hobby or at least I think I am :oops: but I owe it mostly to you folks for all your help :P I never thought I'd see the day I'd have 1 tank let alone 2!

When I need to get an algae eater for new tank, do you think a bristlenose would be too big?