Cory Eggs

freshwest

My Corydoras Similis have been doing the wild thing in my community tank . There is around 30 eggs placed just under the water surface . most are on the glass . Is it possible to remove eggs from the glass ? My plan was to remove the eggs and put them in a 5 l container suspended in the same tank . Will put some small hole near the top to allow for water to move in and out .

Freshly laid cory eggs are quite soft but after an hour or two they should be firm enough to handle. You can either pick them off in your fingers or carefully scrape them off using a knife or razor blade.

Yes - I would put them into a container of tank water - I'm not sure about the inflow/outflow - I agree that having fresh water going into the container is a good idea but how do you actually get the flow and I'd also be concerned about hatched fry disappearing out the holes - I'd be more inclined to set up a gentle air stone in the container and do water changes with water from the main tank.

Remove any eggs that go white - they're infertile or damaged and will just fungus and pollute the water.

• 4 weeks later...

i have just sectioned off another piece of the community tank, there appears to be a bit over 50 cory eggs stuck to the glass in the corner of the tank, on the glass devider, how long will it take for them to hatch as the water flow where they are will make them a meal for some thing else and they will need removing before then.

or, will they suvive a trip to wellington in a plastic bag, to see mummy mystic

I removed my cory eggs from the glass without any problems . I put them in a 5 l container suspended in the same tank . I lost about half to fungus . Next time i will add some meth/blue to water . My similiis eggs took 4 days to hatch at 28c and were free swimming after another 3 days . As for shipping to mummy mystic that my be asking a bit much .

Change in temp and water conditions may be to much for the developing fry . Maybe someone more local could try raising them ? What kind are thay .