Change in eating habits

Caper

Yesterday and today...except my goldfish...they don't seem to be eating like they normaly do...they are eating...but don't seem to be eating as much...doing water change tonight (Monday here:))

Is this normal...usually they go for the food like they are starving?

Thanks in advance...everybody have a good evening...it's off to work I go :roll:

Just thought I'd add this...the flakes seem to be falling to the bottom faster than they used to...or I'm loosing my mind :o

I still have the same bottle that I bought originally in March...would they still be good? I know nothing lasts forever...but I don't see an expiry date on them...any help would be appreciated!

Ingredients:

fish meal, plankton, shrimp meal, soy flour, laver aquatic plant, kelp, oat flour, yeast, cod fish meal, fish liver, chlorophyll, & a list of vitamins

min. crude protein 46%

min. crude fat 5%

min. crude fiber 2%

max. moisture 8%

Thought I saw something in one of the forums that veggies are impt...is anything listed considered a veggie????...the kelp???

I think you should stop watching your tank so much :D

Your worrying about something that deffinatly is not worth the stress, especialy if they are eating some of the food. Goldfish should not be fed everyday, they are high poluters and will cause amonia problems in the tank, this is why there are Coldwater fish and Tropcial fish, and generally they are kept apart.

Shae

Thank you Shae...I want to get another tank...just can't do it right now.

I test once a week and everything seems to be okay so far

Ammonia 0

pH 7.2

nitrites .3

Should the nitrites be lower?

And you are right...I want so bad for this to work...that I'm stressing myself out :o

Thanks for the help Shae :bow::bow:

Oh...and the irony is...when I was the fish...it helps me escape from the other stresses in my life right now...go figure!!!!!

OMG...when I WATCH the fish...not when I was the fish...see I am loosing it :lol: :lol:

But what about the nitrites Shae...is .3 acceptable. I just did a water change and will test later....WITHOUT...stressing myself out :-?

Thanks for the understanding...it is appreciated!