Algae wafer & goldfish?

Caper

It won't hurt the goldfish. It is basically just vegetarian fishfood, with perhaps some wood fibre in it ............ I think.

Its fish food - a goldfish is a fish - therefore it won't hurt him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Jude

In one of your other posts you talked about a possible leck in your tank, and getting a glassier to fix it. If you decide to get another talk go and visit your local glass shops, one of them is bouond to make fish tanks, it should be alot cheaper than going to a pet shop plus you can get it made to what ever size and shape you like.

The down side is that it wont come with a stand or built in light hood etc.

Thanks again suphew!

Thank heavens there wasn't a leak...I had moved something in the tank & didn't realize that I had spilled water...almost had a stroke when I thought it was leaking!

I don't know if any of the glass places here build tanks...but its worth looking into. When I was in Halifax I saw a 55 gallon...would love to get that size...but I don't have a lot of space here. It was a pet store & the price for just the tank itself was $180...is that a reasonable price???

I assume your $ is about the same as the US? If so this is about the same as we would pay at a petshop here (give or take), as I said you would expect to pay a lot less buying the tank direct from the glass shop, which is that same place the petshop will be getting them.

If you do get a tank made I suggest you get it made a little longer than the standard size for a fluro light, i.e. 4 foot is a standard size for lights so get the tank made a couple of inches longer this allows you to add a hood and still be able to fit the light fitting inside.

Our money is less than the US...it fluctuates day to day...but someone here...sorry, forget who...said that there wasn't much difference New Zealand and Canada.

I'd love to get a bigger tank...but I just don't know where I'd put it...space is limited.

But I am going to call glass places just to see if they do it...there is only 1 pet store & 2 department stores that sell tanks here...and they buy them from...I guess you'd say name brand companies that come as a kit.

But now that you mention it...I'd say some of the ones I saw in Halifax were made somewhere there.