Siamese Fighter cont.

Siamese ika

Hi there again, just wondering whats happening with my male as i have no idea, anyways it goes like this;

i brought my male fighter just after christmas and then about a

month later i added a female fighter. The male fighter made a

bubble nest but was Unsuccessful in breeding. from that moment

on the two have been terrified of each other. More so the

male than the female.

Thanxxxxx

This sounds familiar. When you initially put them together....did they get a little frisky? I put my new female fighter in a bowl inside the tank to introduce her.....they both seemed very keen but i hadnt done enough homework....and didnt wait for him to build the bubblenest...anyway.....she raped him....she was vicious! he didnt seem to mind too much but he certainly came off second best. His beautiful tail and fins were torn to shreds and i was unsure whether to get in there with the net to separate them or if such passion was 'normal'. there was lip locking...where she dragged him to the bottom and lots of writhing about and i thought....uhhuh! this is IT..... but i was a little afraid she would kill him!...after about 10 minutes they broke apart and both went to separate sides of the tank to pant and recover....to this day i suspect this was not at all right...from what i have read it seems the female is supposed to be totally submissive......nothing submissive about my female fighter lol.....if she was human she would have black pvc thigh boots and wield a whip! anyway...after this they became quite wary of each other. I have separated them....and put them together again with her in the bowl....he made a bubblenest....but she had lost all interest in him.

i should explain that she tackled him on the rebound...she actually had the hots for another fighter we had.....and they were a lovely pair but she was far to bossy for him as he was quite shy...unfortunately he has since died as i was hoping with conditioning both fish in separate tanks may have got them both in peak condition for mating. She was not nearly as interested in the fighter she attacked...and has shown absolutely no interest since then despite him having built beautiful bubble nests. They are now in separate tanks and i am conditioning them both with brine shrimp. She is looking really good..... but with a bit of a crisis in the tank situation i am not ready to put them together yet for another try. I figure absence may make the heart grow fonder.