Quiet Sumps

livebearer_breeder

I think someone has suggested MICO plumbing. Essentially they are a plumbing item. Also - some of the larger water gardens or garden centres who do ponds etc may help too. (Although i can imagine if anywhere will be pricey they will be - but advice there is free - you could always get them to SHOW you what all the bits are).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mico Plumbing & Pipelines in Wakefield street Lower Hutt is the best place in Wellington. HOWEVER make sure you know what you want before you go down there, also if you don't know the correct name take a photo. They loose patience quickly with people saying 'ive got a roung thing with spinning thing on the end and I want to make it smaller by using an angle thingie'.

Get the names and size right first. Chimera has a link to Hansen which has pics and part numbers.

Or try Bunnings, less selection buy you can browse the parts, pick them up and put them together onsite.

25mm 'bulkhead' which they won't know what you mean, they will call them 'tank inlets' are about $12.00 ea. Pressure pipe is expensive, so don't muck up, it can be costly.

Don't rush, think it all through, do it once do it right.

Pie

As Pies says, compact ball valves are best sourced from Mico's. Mico get them from Plastic Systems - however you are better off asking for trade price at Mico's as they're about $5ea more direct from Plastic Systems (even thoug they are a wholesaler, not a retailer!)