Eheim Classic 600 2217

Gill

Any feedback as to how well they work.... My FX5 is playing up yet again, I have decided I am jinxed with it .It stopped last week we took it a part cleaned it checked it fiddled and it went all going well yesterday... but its not going ... It is cleaned regularly , the impler looks fine, it was replaced by HFF with a new fx6 motor recently ... Never had trouble with Eheim so looking at getting 2x Eheim Classic 600 2217, the tank is 540L.

Gill

I think Eheim a bit hit and miss, some can have good success with them and others find them unreliable. Some people flat out refuse to buy them now because they've been stung too many times.

I've changed to the Taiwan Sunsun's now. Despite the odd name and the low price, they are extremely reliable, quiet and have good output.

I'd recommend looking at people's reviews of them around the internet before you judge them.

2217's are $350 each on Trademe. Get a pair of Sunsun 303's (1400 lph) for $140 each or Sunsun 404 (2000 lph) for $210 each.