25 Africans too many for 185 L on 1200 Aqua one canister?

samuel90

960x410x460 :)

if those are the outside dimensions the gross volume of your tank is a fraction over 181L. Take off the glass, ornaments/rock work in the tank and less the volume it would take to fill it to the brim so it's likely is actually 160L.

what fish are you wanting to add?

if those are the outside dimensions the gross volume of your tank is a fraction over 181L. Take off the glass, ornaments/rock work in the tank and less the volume it would take to fill it to the brim so it's likely is actually 160L.

what fish are you wanting to add?

would be a total of 18 electric yellows, 6 male peacocks and 1 demasoni :) so wanting to add another 9 electric yellows. were on trade me at great price xD

whats ya water parameters, ammonia, nitrate nitrite etc.... you have a lot of fish in a small tank thats only been running a mnth or so might pay to check your water quality

Will do that tomorrow :)

I do a 20% water change every 3 days to compensate for the amount of fishes!

once the tank is established i think it'll be fine to keep 25 africans in that tank. i think that as i used to have around 40 in a tank that size, i had around 2000lph of filtration though.

Once it's established use a test kit to monitor the levels of nitrates etc each day, i think you'll find you won't need to do water changes every three days.

I do a 20% water change every 3 days to compensate for the amount of fishes!

That isn't going to be enough if you don't have enough filtration to effectively perform the nitrogen cycle. If your ammonia and nitrite are at zero then (as far as water parameters go) you aren't overstocked. The nitrate levels are what will determine how much water you need to change.

That isn't going to be enough if you don't have enough filtration to effectively perform the nitrogen cycle. If your ammonia and nitrite are at zero then (as far as water parameters go) you aren't overstocked. The nitrate levels are what will determine how much water you need to change.

I have plenty of filtration.... aquaone1200