Healing Blue Tongue scales

sharn

A while ago my blue tongue damaged some scales on her side/back, on a promptly removed decoration. They were initially quite moist, appearing to be 'back peeled', but then hardened into an almost shell like crust about 1" long on her back! A recent shed was impossible in this area, and I am now thinking it needs to come off as I am unable to manipulate this area under a pinch it is so solid. A few spots of this hardened patch have lifted a little around the edge, exposing pink skin underneath. The rest of her shed occurred normally, with her toes/ears etc free of old shed.

I have added some damp sphagnum moss to her enclosure, and have been bathing her every few days for 10-15 mins at a time in warm water but this only softens the area... Shall I attempt to manually remove the hardened area, if any areas lose scales will they grow back and will she have issues shedding from now on if they do not reform correctly? Will an increase in calcium supplementation help her?

Thanks insect direct, good to know they can heal up from wounds!

I think the problem here is that she can't shed that area... It has hardened so much it is almost pinching into the body now- a very thick, deep scab in a way, almost like someone has glued all the scales shut and something has built up underneath? I can physically grasp the area and squeeze it and it doesn't budge under pressure one bit! That's why I have been bathing her every few days to try soften the area, but I don't want to make her too damp and cause a fungal issue...