update of my dub tank

nudge

Tanks been runnin for about a year, dubs are 5-7cm and the calvus are 3-5cm. starting to get regular mouthfuls but none holding for more than a few days. Just got a new led light setup (same as davids) and still messin round with it to get the best colour out of the fish.

nice progress, got any close up pics of fish?

At that size they will likely only have one or two eggs as the eggs they lay are massive compared to malawians. The most fry i think i have ever got from an adult dubosi is 11 or twelve and she was brimmed, the eggs are roughly 3 times the size of a typical malawian agg.

Nice looking tank mate, I feel your pain with photos but some good ones would be nice, I like the rockwork in your tank.

Let me know if you get a spare female calvus :) I have plenty of males!

Will do mate, by the looks of things i think i have 3 males and not to sure on the other 2 will see how things pan out but am happy to flick you 1 if i get a few

• 3 months later...

Hey Nudge

I know I am digging up an old'ish post here but you mentioned on my post that you had a lot of rock work so I looked for a tank pic of your's and found this vid .

Just had to say Awesome man ! I love the layout of your tank , the Rock work just looks great !

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate. They're gettin there only a few have the nice yellow band the bands on the others are really dull especially the males. I am a little male heavy. Colony seems to get on ok at the moment. Wondering if thinning my males may help to bring out the colour more on the rest of them. Also thinking I should leave them be and stop meddling. Whadda ya reckon?

you know the easiest way to tell their sex is the mouth shape a?

colouration can be down to many things so until you try and test different things you won't really know whether it's group, food or enviroment so i'd only be guessing which one or other factors it could be.

You have always said they have been dull haven't you. might be their breeding but i'm not sure how you'll know exactly what the cause is.