Some help on my plumbing please

dan_from_nz

I havn't had a chance to update my thread yet but am after some quick help.

I am currently setting up my durso standpipe, this is all going well (except I drilled that glass in the wrong place and had to make a couple of mods but this is ok now.

I have done a couple of things different to what is reccomended on the page the main one being that I drilled a 43mm hole so have used 36mm bulkhead rather than a 25mm I assume this will be ok??

My question is for the plumbing at the bottom going to the sump (as the sump isn't directly below can I run flexable piping or will this reduce flow too much? I have read two oppinions on this and not sure which one to follow, more interested in doing it right than money (of course money is always a factor)

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel - Having bends etc under the 'bulkhead' is fine. Of course this can have an effect on the water flow but it won't effect the way in which the standpipes work.

If your using 36mm plumbing (never heard of 36mm you sure its not 32mm?) then you actual standpipe needs to be larger (e.g. I use a 40mm bulkhead and a 50mm pipe).

I am sure it will be fine, most of us don't have the water dropping straight into the sump. In my example mine drops through the standpipe into an elbow, then another pipe then an elbow then into the skimmer before the skimmer drains into the sump. Works fine.

Good luck

Pies

Thanks guys it could be 32mm I measured o/s diameter 32 is probably i/s

Every thing else seems fine, I haven't designed my overflow I thought it would be a little less costly if I get the stand pipe in then measure what I need rather than work from theory

Cheers for your help hopefully by the end of next week I should have a fully plumbed tank. Next step joining the tank to the sump/ fuge

Regards,

Daniel