Seaweeds from NZ in tropical marine ?

RUNAS

Hideho, just wondering how some of our seaweeds particually some of the red ones go/grow in a tropical marine tank?

I read that some are fragile and grow in deep water, so im guessing cold and darkish conditions. so if they were placed in a balmy 25'C tank under a ledge would it grow or just die off ?

Reason is I went to get glass shrimps to feed to my super fussy Male Anthia to see if he would go for them(big fat NO btw :an!gry still in a depressed state lying on the bottom, not sick just seems lazy, may try prozac next :slfg: ), anyway I got heaps and have them in a 2 footer in shed, small power head and airpump, feeding baby brine, with some t8 actics over it.

While I was there I picked up some really cool red weed which had a root system on it and lots of little crawly critters just to put in tank for 1,initial food 2, some where for them to hide and crawl and do general glass shrimpy things in and on, so I got some little chips of rock and carefully shoved the root system down inside it, tied it on there not to damage it pretty much so it wont just float around but with the slim hope it will take hold.

Its a super cool looking plant which got me to here,so what you reckon? :dunno:

At the mo the holding tank is at 16C.

RUNAS

Awh really, What a shame, it would look fantastic.

Just a side note.

Ages ago I had a rock with sea lettuce in my tank when it was a coldie, that died off (DOH did I just answer my own question :facepalm: ) however six months after that I started running a algae scrubber I couldnt belive it that I got sea lettuce growing on the screen, long time after the original stuff had gone.

may put a grow light over it,worked for sea lettuce.

Thanks

RUNASD