shy gold nugget pleco

guppylover2

bought a gold nugget pleco 2 weeks ago. is currently still in the quarantine tank (10 gallon), and is still hiding all the time, even with the lights out. Have seen him dart back into the cave quickly when i walk into the room (room not always occupied) but mostly hiding. will he get a bit more social? i know over time my other catfish have, but this guy is seriously not at the moment.

give him time!

I have four plecos in my tank and they all vary the amount they come out. One i never see unless i am in the tank (not literally) doing water changes! my gold nugget would rank second in coming out the most.

Give him time to settle, as long as he is eating then dont worry too much! what i have done is make caves and places they can hide but i can still see them! try that.

they are my favourite plecos, so enjoy! and try not to worry :-?

plecs

thanks plecs, nice to be reassured. was worried he wasn't happy. all water parameters OK. food seems to be being eaten, and i am seeing catfish poo. Am feeding spirulena discs. gold nuggets are omniverous right? what do you feed yours? what other plecs do you have? i'm getting a sailfin (gibby - aka yellow red eyed plec - from the other post i see what you mean about how the albino common plec isn't really albino - check out the pictures on the planet catfish website!) also getting a red spot plecostomus. so will definitely need a large tank eventually. how big is your gold nugget? by the way i am a chick too.

hi guppy.....

i feed my plecos:

nutrafin complete bottom feeder tablets

nutrafin algae discs

JBL pleco chips

carrot

zuchine (sp??)

frozen discus tucker

they like meat, and need it. i use discus tucker as it has garlic, good for parasites. lfs should have it. they like to clean up bloodworms too.

i have

gold nugget

chocolate zebra pleco

snowball pleco

royal pleco

and a golden ansistrus.

love my plecos!

plecs