Aqua Zonic LED 0.6W for planted tank?

lmsmith

I have one of those on my mountain minnows breeding experiment (see signature) and while it doesn't throw much light outwards the plants underneath are doing well enough. It's not 'bright' light though, as spoon says. If you got low to medium light plants they would probably be OK if the tank was not overly deep.

not sure how 'pretty' 4 of them would look

I have one of those on my mountain minnows breeding experiment (see signature) and while it doesn't throw much light outwards the plants underneath are doing well enough. It's not 'bright' light though, as spoon says. If you got low to medium light plants they would probably be OK if the tank was not overly deep.

not sure how 'pretty' 4 of them would look

The plan was to rework them into a light hood, so you wouldn't see them.

Thanks for the info, I might flag and find something else.

putting them into a light hood would be good - are you an electro-wizard too? If not you'd need 4 plug sockets which could prove irritating or cupboard-filling

For the same price or less you can get a tube to fit across the top, have a look near the end of my loach tank thread for the one I bought. There are some reasonably priced ones on TM

you could get some 12v leds off TM or jaycar and wire them up to an old transformer easy as that would be way better than .6w of led and less complicated and expensive than using cree leds and the like

putting them into a light hood would be good - are you an electro-wizard too? If not you'd need 4 plug sockets which could prove irritating or cupboard-filling

For the same price or less you can get a tube to fit across the top, have a look near the end of my loach tank thread for the one I bought. There are some reasonably priced ones on TM

I'm not so much of an electro-wiz but I do my best, then get my dad who IS an electro-wiz to check to make sure I won't burn my house down :P

I was thinking of putting in 4x T5HO in there. I guess we'll see what I can source. :D