Clown loach with Cichlid?

bigfishhead

No problem, other thing I forgot to mention is that it really is adviseable (from a health perspective and for the enjoyment of watching them interact) to keep them in a good sized group (5+). I know the LFS usually says 3, but having kept many varying sized groups over the years from two to 30 it certainly seems like the more the merrier with clowns.

The thing to watch for is whitespot, they are more prone to it than other species, especially if kept at lower temps. If you don't already, now would be a good time to start quarantining any new additions so you don't end up having to treat your whole tank.

I normally keep tank Temps above 25, but normally around 26 ~27.

I am going to pick up my first two clowns on Sat. And still looking to buy several of them.

But most sellers on trademe ask for rediculous price. I had a guy offer me two of clowns 7-8cm for $60..... :hail:

What exactly the market price for clown loach?.. :facepalm:

The bigger they get the more expensive they get, unlike most fish. Oddball markings can make them more expensive too. $30 for 8cm is pretty reasonable IMO.

I agree, I would say 20-30 would be a good price for an 8cm clown loach, they sometimes retail at like 3cm for $24-30 so your paying the same for a much bigger fish.

And I also agree they are far better in groups, when I got upto 10 they started schooling at the front of the tank and eating off the surface and you saw allot more of them.

I agree, I would say 20-30 would be a good price for an 8cm clown loach, they sometimes retail at like 3cm for $24-30 so your paying the same for a much bigger fish.

And I also agree they are far better in groups, when I got upto 10 they started schooling at the front of the tank and eating off the surface and you saw allot more of them.

:nilly: Trying to get more of them on good price... Hopefully I can get at least 6 of them to form a group. :bounce:

Btw, what is the PH in your clowns n cichlids tank Ryan? Your dozen happy in high PH...?

I have my first two clown loaches in my display tank for 5 days now. They are very active in the tank.

Only problem is I can see their tails are damaged a little bit. Other than that is fine.

That is probably they been chased by my giraffe some times? My giraffe is around 8~9CM. They just start showing some aggresive recently.

Should I keep a close eyes on my clowns and take them out if they get more damage on body?...