MISSING ANENOME

minchton

I HAVE JUST PUT A BUBBLE ANENOME IN MY TANK. I UNDERSTAND THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FED EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS WITH A PIECE OF MUSSEL.

HOW DO I FEED IT WHEN IT KEEPS DISAPPEARING OUT OF SIGHT. :evil:

I HAVE ALREADY STRIPPED THE TANK ONCE TO BRING IT BACK TO THE FRONT BUT OF COURSE OVERNIGHT IT WENT WALKIES AGAIN AND IS NOW NOWHERE TO BE SEEN.

SHOULD I TIE A PIECE OF STRING ON IT AND PULL IT BACK WHEN I WANT TO SEE IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch, whats with the caps?

Anemones walk, there is little you can do about it. Let it find its own spot.

Stripping the tank to move it probably isn't the best move, think of the stress and biological un-ballance you may have caused. Read up on your livestock purchases before adding them to your tank, you then would know that it walking about the tank is normal.

As for feeding it, I think thats an un-truth and whoever told you thing is wrong. I've had my BTA for over 12 months, NEVER been fed! Its about doubble the size as when I brought it. I have never read another about anemones requiring this volume of feeding.

Also mussles are very bad for nitrates and phosphates. The fish/coral/anemones love them but they are probably the worst food to feed the tank for the above reasons.

You can also over feed anemones, and their digestive system can't cope, rancid food can settle in their stomach causeing bloating and gas pockets which may kill the anemones, so don't over feed. Many belive that feeding meating foods to an anemone will increase its 'desire' for this type of food, making them much more likley to eat fish in the tank. Not sure if its true for the BTA but certainly some truth with H.Magnifica and some of the LTAs.

Pie