building a Macquarium

the_snitch

Ok, im a complete noob when it comes to fish and tanks and everything, i have never owned fish before and/or attempted this before. Hopefully this forum will be able to help me

I have an empty iMac case that i acquired as i work as an apple technitian. i was wanting to make a "macquarium" :D

Question is, what will i need? I want it to look good, so are there any people in Auckland that can custom make a tank to put in the case? If so, how much would I be looking at?

Also, what else would i be needing? filters/bubbles/weeds/gravel etc. I want it to look nice, preferably quite tropical and bright. Its a nice blue colored imac better looking than the one below (just a sample) and its transparent on the back, not frosted. Thus i want it to be a fairly neat job.

imaccasesmall.jpg

:lol:

im picking it can be unscrewed from the bottom? you'd have to get the dimensions all planned out (ie: it will be a tank inside the monitor, rather than using the monitor as the tank) It could be done quite simply I would think. Problem you have is access to the inners of the tank once it's done. You would need to have the top of the monitor lasercut (north shore laser are good bunch of guys, http://www.northshorelaser.co.nz) and hinged. To get the tank custom made, call Rod (anyday between 9am and 10am) on (09) 232-9781. He's pretty good and will make it for you for (guesstimating here) probably around $200 (?) As a comparison, my 5 foot tank was $320 although alot simpler to make than what you require. I would think it would only hold around 60-ish litres tops? Just spend twice as long designing it as getting it made and it'll work out.

Go hard, it will look cool!

• 3 months later...

Hello, i have built many tanks myself for old mac classics. you can get plans for the tanks off the net. then you go to the glass supplier and get them to cut the glass to size then silicon it together. you have to get special silicon from you hardware store but look on the back of the tube for aquariums. from there it is just bubbles, fish stones and water.

good luck

have fun