RIP Ramshorn Snails

Asphyx

Got back from a week or so at the beach and the tank and contents are all good but the poor little Ramshorn snails not so much.

I noticed not long before Christmas (after first introducing them to the tank) that they tend to get themselves stuck on the holes in the outlet pipe. At first I wasn't sure if they liked it there and that's why they would line up in a neat little row along the drill holes. Thinking that perhaps they were just wandering past and got sucked on and couldn't get off I would knock them all off once a day or so but eventually they all seemed to find their way back there.

So of course when I checked the tank after we got home, there they were all lined up again and not looking so healthy for a week of not being able to move and having their innards sucked upon. I removed them all and a couple look like they might live but I'm sure they will find their way back there again so I'm going to abandon the snails idea. No doubt once I get a cray or two in there in a week or two they would have ended up lunch anyway?