Culturing fruit flies and small crickets and whistlers setup

Squirt

Ok,

Setup:

500L roughly bath tub, with breathable lid and wooden frame.

I am planing to buy some driftwood off trademe and put it in.

I am looking at some dried sphagnum moss, or floral moss, or buying a ton of java moss to line it.

Pebbles from the garden for a substrate. The planning to get some unferilized (in over a year) soil to fill the cracks. Moss will be on top.

Water depth will be quite shallow, and the driftwood will be in there so they don't drown.

Looking at getting some plants once I've got some funds.

Will be fed critters (fruit flies, dewinged flies, slaters, beetles and crickets) all from the garden.

They have quite a bit of oxygen weed in there at the moment which is growing fast. Will be sourcing some duckweed from a source.

I'm not sure what else I need. They will be getting natural UVB from the sun. I'm not sure what will be happening in winter. Their metabolisms will slow and won't ea as much, which is good because there's not many bugs when it's wet.

Gtg parents are mental.

Sounds cool, i have a 75cm long by 40cm high by 40cm deep glass tank that is about 10cm deep with water. but from the front left hand corner on an angle to the back wall is all land with mosses and a peace lily tipe plant but with bigger leaves also large basking rocks. Atm this is where my tadpoles are and when they morph i will offer them food and when they decide to eat i shall move them to a planted out exo terra 45-45-45 with a shallow exo terra water dish :)