Oranda wen trimming?

NewKiwi1

Hello. One of my oranda's wen and "cheeks" are starting to cover its eyes. He is having more trouble feeding than the rest of the orandas and is also bumping into things. I've read on different forums that some people trim the wens themselves or get it done by a vet. I can't imagine doing this procedure myself as I'd be afraid to harm the fish, its eyes and of the possibility of infection and pain. Does anyone know of a vet in the greater Wellington area who might be able to do this procedure? Thanks for any advice.

Here is a link to the type of surgery in question: http://thegab.org/Veterinary-Procedures/panda-paws-wen-trim-surgery.html

my orandas wen covers 3/4 of his eyes (my profile pic) but i would never trim it for the risk of the things you said, infection etc. sorry i dont know a vet, but my mine has no issues eating as he goes along the bottom sucking stuff up while the others fight up the top

• 2 weeks later...