Eggies!

Fmxmatt

So just when I was about to look into selling my Fish as I was losing interest (and plan to do a Marine tank again next year) the female JD has laid some eggs!

nekminute.jpg

Be interesting to see if they live, Daddy is an EBJD so these will have the blue gene in them.

DSC07788Small.jpg

(Old pic but he hasn't changed too much)

Awesome, looking good.. Looks like you will have to hang onto the fish and tank for a while longer, grow these fry out and put them back to the blue dad to get some blue babies :)

Aren't they hard enough to keep as is let alone inbreeding? Or is that not an issue?

Aren't they hard enough to keep as is let alone inbreeding? Or is that not an issue?

How else are you going to get electric blue babies? I guess you can breed brother to sister from the same batch or to another "unrelated" electric blue male.. But either way the injection of the non electric blue female into the blood line would be good.

congrat man.. :happy1:

i am you got at less 40% of EBJD..

the female JD you got would be BGJD, 100% pure Jd are very uncommon these day i think..

i would remove the parent straight away once they eggs are hatch..

good fiteration is the key for thses guys..

uv filter would help them heaps due to their hybrid