powerheads are dangerous to livestock!

chimera

i have an 802 powerhead sitting on the bottom of the tank to give some low down water movement (just until i get my closed loop and streams fully sorted out) the powerhead has no "cage" for it (ie: the cage that stops things being sucked into the pump) so for the last couple of months its been pushed hard up against the front of the glass, works well.

about an hour ago i shifted it back to clean the glass,... and forgot to move it back. just about to head out the door to head out for the night and i think, i'll take another look at my tank, see how its looking. PANIC! the side of my rabbitfish is sucked up against the powerhead, fish looks all limp and not happy whatsoever. @#$%@#$, dont think i've moved so quick in my life :)

turned powerhead off and off he swims, slowly but surely. the side of his body has a big indentation where the powerhead was - almost a perfect half circle :( poor little bugger. chucked some food in to see if he's ok, straight to the top and starts chowing down. fingers crossed he'll be ok!

my bad :x